TravelTravel insurance cover’s medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling, either internationally or within one's own country.
Travel insurance is usually arranged at the time of the booking of a trip to cover the exact duration of that trip. However, a "multi-trip" policy can cover an unlimited number of trips within a set time frame. Some policies offer lower and higher medical-expense options; the higher ones are chiefly for countries that have extremely high medical costs, such as the USA.
The most common risks that are covered by travel insurance plans are:
· Medical emergency (accident or sickness)
· Emergency evacuation
· Repatriation of remains
· Return of a minor
· Trip cancellation
· Trip interruption
· Visitor health insurance
· Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
· Overseas funeral expenses
· Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
· Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
· Flight connection was missed due to airline schedule
· Travel delays due to weather